Thursday, August 2, 2007

rainer maria part 2 of many

August 29, 2005 at Maxwell's in Hoboken. I think this was my first time at Maxwell's. Now I fully appreciate the Soul Food Sunday early bird special. If you haven't had it, you must!
Maxwell's is very small. It's probably smaller than the church in Philly.
But both have one thing in common. There is no backstage. Before the encore, the band sat on the ground.
See something in common between these pictures and the last? Okay, well besides being blurry. I used to (since the days when my mom drove me to Philly to see them) stand on Caithlin's side. I think it was the whole, "Oh my god, there's a girl in a totally rocking band," thing. But once I started playing my guitar seriously, I moved to the other side to watch Kyle's playing.

This show was especially cool because they played a lot of stuff off of Catastrophe for the first time that I had heard it. This show was something like 8 months before the album came out.

"I'll make you mine."

No comments: